Call for Birds of a Feather Sessions (BoFs) at ACL 2022
As part of the Diversity and Inclusion initiative, we are pleased to announce that the ACL2022
Call for Birds of a Feather sessions (BoF) is now open and accepting applications.
BoF sessions are informal gatherings where participants choose to discuss a topic of interest. BoF sessions have traditionally been a great networking catalyst around themes of common interests.
These sessions will span the duration of the conference including satellite event days such as workshops/tutorial days.
Each BoF will be either 1.5hrs or 3 hrs long. Please indicate your preference in your application.
Application deadline: The call for BoF applications will close on May 3, 2022.
Notification of acceptance: May 9, 2022
How to apply
Proposals are to be provided in PDF format to the following address firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line [BoF Application].
The full 1-to-2 page/s proposal contains the following:
● Proposer: Include name, affiliation, email address, and website address.
● Title: A BoF title.
● Abstract: A description of the BoF. The same abstract will also need to be submitted via a text box on the submission page. Please be sure that your description is accurate and that both submitted copies (in the BoF Proposal, and in the submission text box) are exactly the same.
● Significance and Relevance of the Topic: Please include information about any trends in relation to the topic and possibly describe (or cite) evidence to that effect. Your objective here is to explain why the topic is significant. You should also justify how your BoF will engage participants in group discussion and enhance future connections between attendees.
● Expected Audience: Briefly describe the nature and size of the expected audience. If you expect a particularly large or small audience, please explain why. If you have a rough estimate of attendees based on previous years, please include it here.
● Discussion Leader(s): Although correspondence will be with the proposer above, it will be the discussion leader(s). Please list any additional such names (besides the proposer) and affiliations here. Be certain that you have their commitment to attend the conference. All discussion leaders must register for the ACL2022 conference and be present for the BoF session.
● Expertise of Discussion Leader(s): Give a summary of the qualifications of the discussion leader(s) as they relate to the BoF topic being proposed.
● Proposed Activity during BoF: Provide a brief description of the activities you intend to engage in during the BoF.
● Engagement modality: Please indicate if your session will be virtual only, physical only, or hybrid?
● Preference date/time: Do you have a preference for time and date of your BoF
gathering? We will be avoiding scheduling during plenary sessions.
● Preferred session duration: 1.5hrs, 3hrs.